Virginia State University Board of Visitors
Code of Ethics
Adopted June 14, 2013
Integrity is one of the core values of Virginia State University. Thus, we are committed to lawful and ethical behavior in all of the University's activities. At Virginia State University, we insist that all members of the University community – our board members, employees, students, and volunteers – comply with all laws, regulations, policies and ethical norms applicable to them. More generally, we are to be honest, fair, and trustworthy ourselves and to take care that other members of the University community are also.
We, as members of the Virginia State University community, will:
- Obey the laws, regulations, and policies applicable to our university activities.
- Protect and preserve university resources and ensure their proper use.
- Avoid both conflicts of interest and the appearance of such conflicts.
- Safeguard confidential information.
- Make procurement decisions impartially and objectively.
- Maintain effective internal controls to safeguard the regularity and integrity of our activities.
- Treat other people with dignity and respect, ensuring there is no discrimination or harassment at Virginia State University.
- Report any illegal or unethical action that comes to our attention, so the University can investigate and take corrective steps.
This Code of Ethics was adoption by the Board of Visitors of Virginia State University on June 14, 2013.