1. Each school will issue an academic clearance card to the candidate. This card will be used to call the candidate's name. Please preserve the card.
2. All candidates are required to wear caps and gowns.
3. Students in academic attire should wear auxiliary clothing that harmonizes with the black gown:
- dresses of appropriate length
- dark shoes
- no pants or jeans (women)
- dress slacks
- dress shirt
- dark shoes and no jeans (men)
4. Caps are worn with tips in a horizontal position (not tilted), and tassels on the right side. Hoods are carried on the right arm while marching in the procession.
5. Women keep their caps on throughout the ceremony. Men remove their caps during the Opening; replace them thereafter; remove them again for the Closing, and replace them to remain through the end of the ceremony.
6. Candidates from each school will be presented by the Dean to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, who will then present them to the President. Immediately following the President's statement, conferring the degrees, the Chief Marshal indicates the hooding ceremony. Candidates will turn to the right to be hooded by the candidates on the left.
7. The President will deliver the charge to the class.
8. The National Alumni President will lead the graduates in the Oath of Alliance.
9. After the Commencement ceremony, graduates will be led by the Marshals out of the Coliseum. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE LINE OF MARCH REACHES THE PARKING LOT OF THE COLISEUM.
10. No picture taking will be allowed where graduates, faculty, and special guests are seated. Please inform family members to remain behind the ropes.