The National Student Exchange (NSE) is a program for undergraduate exchange within the United States, offering nearly 200 colleges and universities to choose from.
Students participate in the NSE in order to:
- Broaden personal and educational experiences
- Explore and appreciate new cultures
- Take courses not offered at our campus
- Learn from different professors
- Explore new areas of study
- Break out of their comfort zones
- Expand academic program options
- Access courses with different perspectives
- Investigate graduate schools or employment opportunities
Exchange is a privilege not a right. The minimum requirements for NSE participation include:
- Full-time enrollment at the home campus prior to exchange.
- Cumulative 2.5 - 3.0 GPA.
- Good standing (academic, personal and financial)
- There may be additional requirements and/or restrictions on exchange participation imposed by your home and/or host campus.
Prior to exchange, students must fill out an application for exchange form, submit a non-refundable $105 NSE fee, a current transcript, letters of recommendation, goal statements for your exchange, biographical data, and a personal interview. In addition to eligibility criteria, other factors will be considered.
Virginia State University is a Plan B school meaning tuition is paid at VSU however; room and board is paid to your host campus.
Please visit the Student Enhancement and Support Services for the NSE application.
To access National Student Exchange click here!
Incoming Students for Virginia State University National Student Exchange Program Checklist
___ NSE Placement Acceptance Form
___ Admissions Form
___ Copy of Financial Aid Award Letter
___ Housing Deposit
___ Official Transcript
___ Course Selection