Congratulations on your admission to Virginia State University! This area is designed to assist you in answering the question "What do I do next"?
- Deposits - Deposits are due upon receipt of the offer letter. We are still accepting deposits.
- Transcript - Send your final official high school transcript to Virginia State University, Office of Admissions, POB 9018, VSU, VA 23806 by July 15, 2012.
- Trojan Book - The TROJAN BOOK is a guide for new students. It will be mailed to you. It is located online to your right. Read the book from cover to cover and share it with your parents.You must complete the forms in The TROJAN BOOK and return them to us.
- Cost of Attendance - Determine the Cost of Attendance by using the Net Price Calculator.
- Admissions Acceptance - Complete and return to the Admissions Office, the Admissions Acceptance Form.
- Final Transcript - Take a copy of your admissions letter and the Final Transcript Request letter to your Guidance Counselor. The Admissions Office must receive your final transcript by July 1, 2012 to complete your admissions process before the beginning of class.
- Fees - Pay all of your initial fees (Enrollment, Orientation and Housing). These are out of pocket fees that cannot be waived. Your class schedule cannot be made until these fees are paid.
Fall 2012 on campus
Fall 2012 off campus
- Fees may be paid by calling the VSU Cashiers Office (804-524-5150) or online at https://www.afford.com/(S(tyi2dnrfioh4phuhzeb2e4ml))/SchoolSearch/EnrollStart.aspx?P=MCPG.
- Schedule Orientation - Schedule your orientation session at this link: https://vsu.askadmissions.net/Portal/Templated/UserTemplate/Search. Sessions are listed under category Trojan Introduction Program. Go to the orientation page for the dates. If you have questions call 804-524-5356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residence and Food - Complete the Residence Hall Housing and Food Service Agreement in the TROJAN BOOK.
- Dual Enrollment - If you took dual enrollment courses, you must request an official college trancript from the college offering the course. The official transcript must be sent to Virginia State University, Office of Admissions, Box 9018, VSU, VA 23806. Credit can only be given after the official college transcript has been reviewed. Do not send the transcript to the Registrars' Office.
- AP Courses - Students scoring a 3, 4 or 5 may receive credit if the scores are provided from the collegeboard. It is the students responsibility to ensure the Admissions Office receives the scores. The scores must be received in the Admissions Office only to receive credit.
- IB Courses - Credit is offered for IB courses. Students desiring credit must ensure the Admissions Office receives the result of International Baccalaureate® (IB) test. Credit cannot be given from the transcript.
- Grades - Maintain your high school grades and have a great Senior year.
- Math Placement - Take the Practice Examination for your Math Placement Test. The test will be given during Freshmen Week.
- Attend Orientation - You will review your schedule, take your VSU 1Card picture (ID Card), receive financial and student accounts information.
- Prepare for Classes - After Orientation, review your financial award letter; complete the promissory note, if applicable; order your books online at bookvoucher.vsu.edu. You are now ready to attend classes.
- Health Evaluation - Make an appointment with your Physican to complete your Health Evaluation Form.