Global links and utilities:

Virginia State University Home

Non-Degree Applicants

Students who wish to take classes at Virginia State University, but who are not enrolled in or do not wish to be enrolled in a degree or certificate program must use the Special Student – Non-Matriculating Application for Admission.

Use this application if you are a:

  • student interested in taking  non-credit classes.
  • student interested in taking courses to raise your grade point average (G.P.A.).
  • student in a program at another university or college who wants to take a course at VSU to transfer to your institution.
  • teacher taking courses for recertification.
Complete a Non-Degree application to apply. If you have been admitted to a degree program, do not use this form.
Share this page: