The Class Coordinator Program is comprised of a loyal group of alumni who represent their individual class years. Class Coordinators are VSU ambassadors, charged with helping to build a strong connection between classmates and the University.
Class Coordinators are some of our most valuable volunteers. Job requirements are simple: a minimal time commitment and the interest to keep in touch with your classmates and friends. Being a class coordinator is a great way to remain involved after graduation and you can be as active as your schedule will allow.
Class Coordinators work with the Alumni Office to:
- Communicate on a regular basis with classmates; either via letter, phone call, e-mail, or social networking Web sites.
- Keep classmates up-to-date on VSU events and news.
- Encourage and increase participation in alumni activities (regional events, Alumni Reunion, etc.) A personal invitation from a classmate goes a long way!
- Brainstorm additional ways to keep your class connected.
- Serve as a member of the reunion planning committee in your special reunion years.
- Promote class giving and participation
- Provide the Department of Institutional Advancement with updated contact information on classmates
Contact the Alumni Relations Office at 804-524-5045, or email firstname.lastname@example.org