Ways to Recruit on Campus and Build Your Brand
- On-Campus Interviews: Post employment opportunities and interview your selected students on Virginia State University’s campus for free. VSU Career Services will help coordinate your interviews for full-time and internship positions. You’ll have the opportunity to recruit high caliber students from a variety of disciplines during the fall or spring semester.
- Career Expos: Connect with highly qualified, well-prepared students and alumni at multiple expos throughout the year. Opportunities exist for all employment needs (internship, experiential learning and full-time employment) within large corporations to small organizations.Click Here for dates and registration information.
- Information Table: Meet and greet students in a visible, high traffic location including the student union or academic school.
- Information Session: Schedule a time to present your organization’s information with student.
- Mock Interviews: Assist students with their interviewing skills by conducting a mock interview.; We have mock interviews on Wednesdays and Thursdays.Schedule for a half-day or full-day.
- Workshops & Programs: Conduct a workshop or program pertaining to Career Development (i.e., Job Search 101, Interviewing 101, Networking 101, Utilizing Linked-In, etc.)
- Internship Program: Offer an internship or experiential learning experience that will give students experience in their major. This is a great way to enhance your brand and to identify students for full-time employment opportunities.
- Student Organizations: Connect with student organizations by sponsoring a meeting or giving a presentation.
- Job Shadowing/Externship: Help students to explore career areas of interest through hosting an externship or job-shadowing experience at your work--site. This can be another good way to enhance your brand and to identify students interested in your line of work and your organization.
- Job and Internship Postings: If visiting campus is not possible, you can post your positions to VSU students and alumni by emailing your job/internship posting to firstname.lastname@example.org or careerservices.vsu.edu. Please include your application deadline and “how to apply” in your posting. We will post your position on our website.
- Printed Flyers/Posters: Mail printed flyers or posters to Career Services for campus distribution and display in the Career Services location.
Key Recruiting Calendar for Dates 2013-2014For any questions or coordination of any of these activities, please contact Lewis Newbill at Lnewbill@vsu.edu or (804) 524-5211 with your event request and dates.