Ways to Recruit on Campus and Build Your Brand
- On-Campus Interviews: Post employment opportunities and interview your selected students on Virginia State University’s campus for free. VSU Career Services will help coordinate your interviews for full-time and internship positions. You’ll have the opportunity to recruit high caliber students from a variety of disciplines during the fall or spring semester.
- Career Expos: Connect with highly qualified, well-prepared students and alumni at multiple expos throughout the year. Opportunities exist for all employment needs (internship, experiential learning and full-time employment) within large corporations to small organizations. Click Here for dates and registration information.
- Information Table: Meet and greet students in a visible, high traffic location including the student union or academic school.
- Information Session: Schedule a time to present your organization’s information with student.
- Mock Interviews: Assist students with their interviewing skills by conducting a mock interview; We have mock interviews on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Schedule for a half-day or full-day.
- Workshops & Programs: Conduct a workshop or program pertaining to Career Development (i.e., Job Search 101, Interviewing 101, Networking 101, Utilizing Linked-In, etc.)
- Internship Program: Offer an internship or experiential learning experience that will give students experience in their major. This is a great way to enhance your brand and to identify students for full-time employment opportunities.
- Student Organizations: Connect with student organizations by sponsoring a meeting or giving a presentation.
- Job Shadowing/Externship: Help students to explore career areas of interest through hosting an externship or job-shadowing experience at your work--site. This can be another good way to enhance your brand and to identify students interested in your line of work and your organization.
- Job and Internship Postings: If visiting campus is not possible, you can post your positions on the Career Services Management System (CSM) (click here).
- Printed Flyers/Posters: Mail printed flyers or posters to Career Services for campus distribution and display in the Career Services location.
Key Recruiting Calendar for Dates
For any questions or coordination of any of these activities, please contact the Assistant Director of Employer Relations, Dannita Trice, at email@example.com or (804) 524-6799.