Information Technology Specialist II
This position will be responsible for assisting the Web Services Manager in developing and maintaining the Virginia State University’s (VSU) web presence, and ensuring that VSU’s website supports the university’s mission and internal and external communication objectives while adhering to relevant industry standards and practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent computer skills in the usage of Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of prevalent web technologies, including content management systems, internet commerce, and database systems.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix or OSX is preferred.
- Some knowledge of website debugging software such as “firebug”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, educations, and training.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop or Gimp, Adobe Illustrator and/or other image editing software.
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Blogger or type pad.
- Familiarity with Microsoft IIS web server or Apache.
- Experience with mobile web development.
- Experience testing web applications with/without automated tools.
- Experience with web traffic and usage software such as Google Analytics, Clicky, Urchin, etc.
- Experience with implementing stream video solutions.
HOW TO APPLY
Virginia State University only accepts applications for classified positions through the on-line state Recruitment Management System (RMS). Faxed, e-mailed, and mailed applications and/or attachments will not be accepted. Please visit https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov to complete an online application.
Selected candidate will be subject to a complete criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting. Candidates may be required to complete a Statement of Personal Economic Interest as a condition of employment, if applicable.
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.