Virginia State University Board of Visitors Public Comment Period Notice – CANCELLED
Published date: March 11, 2020
On Monday, March 23, 2020, from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., the Virginia State University Board of Visitors will hold a public comment period on a proposed undergraduate tuition or mandatory fees increase. The public comment period will take place in the Gateway Dining and Event Center (second floor), 2804 Martin Luther King Drive, on the University campus and will be limited to one hour.
This will be the time for members of the University community, as well as members of the public, to share their thoughts with Board members. Any individual (speaker) wishing to address the Board must pre-register on a first-come, first-served basis for this public comment period. Please be reminded that all remarks before the Board members must be relevant to the proposed increase in undergraduate tuition or mandatory fees.
Those individuals who desire to speak before the Board must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Complete the electronic pre-registration form located at the following link: http://bit.ly/VSUPublicCommentRegistrationForm
- Submit the pre-registration form to the Board Liaison 7 days prior to the
public comment meeting date;
- Provide a written copy of their comments; and
- Limit individual remarks to a 3-minute statement.
Written comments may be submitted in lieu of comments at the meeting. Written comments will be accepted up to seven (7) calendar days prior to the Board’s April 24, 2020 annual meeting at which the Board will consider tuition and mandatory fee increases. The deadline for receipt of these written comments is April 17, 2020. Written comments can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email address: email@example.com,
- Mailing address: Board of Visitors, P. O. Box 9001, Virginia State University, VA 23806
- Hand Delivery: Board of Visitors, c/o The Office of the President, Virginia Hall, Third Floor.
All comments will become a part of the public record. The Board will not respond to oral or written comments.