RAVE ALERT is the university's official emergency notification system. It allows you to quickly receive emergency notifications and important announcements via text messages, email, or recorded voice messages.
RAVE Guardian is a safety service provided to you by Virginia State University. It allows you to contact the Police directly and within seconds. To use Guardian, you must first fill out a Guardian profile. You should also review your Guardian profile periodically to ensure it is up to date.
- Go to https://www.getrave.com/login/vsu
- On the Login/Registration Page click on "not registered yet".
- Your username will be your university email address (for example: email@example.com)
- Follow the steps from there. You will be asked to enter up to three contact numbers and up to three email addresses.
- Once you complete these steps, you will get a message stating that you are confirmed highlighted in lime green.
- Follow directions as provided to register for RAVE Guardian.
Once you have registered for RAVE ALERT and RAVE GUARDIAN you can now receive emergency alerts from the police and you may contact the police directly in an emergency using speed dial or your contact list. (See below)
For Immediate Assistance From Police
Dial: (804) 524-5411 or program the number into your phone's contact list and assign it to a "speed dial key".
When you activate this number your call will be immediately connected to the VSU Police Department. In addition, the critical information you provided during GUARDIAN registration will be displayed to the VSU Police Department to help them better respond to your request for assistance.