First Time Students
Welcome to VSU! We look forward to having you on-campus. The VSU online housing process allows all first time students the opportunity to apply for housing in the convenience of their personal space.
The online process for first time students consists of the online application. The online application is accessed through your banner account, a link is provided below:
Please contact our Technology Office at 804-524-5210 if you experience log in issues.
- Click the link above
- Login with V#(Username) and PIN
- Click Student, Housing and Financial Aid
- Click Housing Self-Service
- Click Applications at the top
- Choose "New Freshmen On-Campus Student" Application
- Complete the application
NOTE: Pin# = Date of Birth (enter it in as a 2-digit month, day and year (000000)
First Time students must pay their $100 enrollment fee to gain access to the online system.
- Priority Payment Deadline is May 1st, by 4pm for Fall Housing
- Priority Payment Deadline is November 1st, by 4pm for Spring Housing
- Room Deposit: $150.00
Payments can be made using any of these methods:
- In Person
Room 112 Virginia Hall
- By Mail
Virginia State University, Cashiers Office, Box 9125, Petersburg, VA 23806
- By Phone
(804) 524-5150 (Debit/Credit Card payments)
NOTE: Student ID is the student's V number
All first time students will be assigned according to the date their payment is received; assignments will begin after May 1 and continue as payments and applications are received. To be eligible for room assignment students must complete their housing application and pay housing fees. All VSU students with less than 60 earned credit hours are required to live in university affiliated housing.
We welcome you to reside in our Graduate Professional Housing. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Please contact transfer admissions at 804-524-5774 for housing information.
This process is for current on-campus students who are seeking VSU housing. To participate, students must have already completed their online Housing & Food Service Agreement through Banner, Paid the $150 room reservation fee, and registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours for the fall semester for undergraduates and a minimum of 9 credit hours for graduate students.
Students who miss the deadline will be assigned manually by the housing office as payments and housing applications are completed. Roommate requests after the deadline will not be honored.
- Housing Lottery numbers will be computer generated and based on payment posted date.
- Students are able to request a roommate, choose a dining plan and select the desired room and residence hall during the lottery process.
- The Housing Lottery is a timed process. Other students will also be online searching for a room at the same time you are. You will be prompted through the process; however, reviewing the “how to” steps in advance will save you valuable time.