Seward Hall, a three-story brick co-ed residence hall, was erected in 1926-1927. This three-story residence hall was named for Hatcher S. Seward, a member of the Board of Visitors from Petersburg, VA.
Seward is equipped with air conditioners in each room for the resident’s convenience and features laundry facilities, mail service and a computer lab that has internet access. Each floor of Seward Hall is equiped with two community bathrooms.
Residence Educators (RE), who are full‑time professional staff, are responsible for the overall supervision of the residence halls. Resident Assistants (RA) and Graduate Assistants function as para-professionals and assist the RE in their duties. Night Managers assist the RE with overnight coverage.