If I am raped, what should I do?
If you are raped:
- Go to a Safe Place.
- Think safety first.
- Preserve Evidence: Do not bathe, shower, douche, change clothes or straighten up the crime scene.
- Contact Someone Who Can Help. The police, a friend, VSU staff (Residence Life, Counseling, Student Health, Sexual Assault Prevention Services).
- Seek Medical Attention at a Hospital Emergency Room:
- To assess and treat any physical injuries.
- To determine the risk of sexually transmitted diseases or pregnancy and to take appropriate measures.
- To collect evidence