Portfolio Project Management Office
The intent of the Portfolio Project Management Office (PPMO) is to establish a common understanding of the function, roles, and responsibilities of the PPMO. Adoption of the Charter indicates agreement with the purpose and content as described herein.
The PPMO has adopted the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), the Commonwealth’s Project Management Standards, and Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).View the PPMO Flowchart
The specific purpose of the PPMO is to:
- Govern the identification, categorization, evaluation, selection, prioritization and authorization of information technology investments aligned with VSU’s Strategic Plan.
- Deliver project support to the Technology Services and its clients by providing guidance in project management processes and methodologies in a manner that is efficient, consistent, and standardized.
- Provide mentoring and coaching in an effort to raise the project management maturity level of the organization. By providing the necessary tools and support, the PPMO will look to deliver successful Information Technology (IT) projects – every time.
- Ensure compliance with Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) Policies, Standards, and Guidelines.
Consistently delivering successful IT projects
The PPMO strives to provide a solid foundation for VSU’s Information Technology projects by creating an environment of measurable, disciplined Project Management practices where:
- Project success is the norm.
- Project teams are proud of their work.
- Internal customers reap the benefit of a carefully planned investment.
The PPMO will operate under the following primary guiding principle:
The success of the PPMO is derived exclusively from the success of its internal customers.